We have lots of things going on at Home-Start Barnet lately, such as parenting programmes, new volunteers starting and a trip to the London Aquarium!
- Our new Volunteer Preparation course starts on Tuesday 28th February until 2nd May for 8 weeks (excluding Easter holidays). This will run at One Stonegrove Community Centre. If you would like to be a volunteer for Home-Start Barnet and are free on the above dates, please contact Luci on 0208-371-0674
- We’ve recently started to run a Money Smart workshop, to work with parents at Kenmore Park Junior School. At this workshop, we look at all aspects of money management including debt, credit, budgeting and being able to teach children the value of money. We do this by working together by having lively discussions and fun, interactive activities for example, taste testing branded vs non branded products. If you would like further information on this project, please contact the office.
- We are planning an exciting trip to The London Aquarium mid-February (date TBC). More information will be available on the website and our social media pages in due course.
- We have TWO new parenting programmes starting in February; these are:
- Incredible Years – This will be running at Claremont Primary School from Wednesday 22nd February for 12 weeks until Wednesday 24th May 2017 (excluding Easter Holidays). For more information please contact Gilly or Suzanne.
- Triple P Teens – This will be running at St Peter’s Bourne in Whetstone from Wednesday 22nd February for 5 weeks until Wednesday 22nd March 2017. For more information please contact Leonie.