Want to volunteer? Our next training course will be held in October 2018!
Have you ever thought to yourself, “if only I was in the right position to make a difference to that person’s life…”?
This is where Home-Start Barnet, Brent & Harrow comes in.
Volunteering for Home-Start Barnet, Brent & Harrow (Home-Start) you will be working with an organisation alongside many other volunteers who provide meaningful and practical support to hundreds of families in Barnet, Brent & Harrow who have young children, helping the families and the community to build a better and brighter future. Some say “the best things in life come for free”, and so too is a constructive and caring community free, in the sense that its existence depends on how people in the community feel towards and therefore treat one another. As individuals at Home-Start we all come from different parts of the three Boroughs and from different cultural communities, but experience has shown that together we make a difference to our communities as a whole. Personal reasons and motivations for volunteering with Home-Start Barnet vary. Here are some examples:
- The sense of fulfilment gained from knowing you can make a real and lasting difference to a family
- Using skills and life-experience in an innovative way that contributes to the wellbeing of the community
- An opportunity to develop new skills and self-confidence, particularly when you see the positive difference that you make
- Knowing that your cultural background and familiarity with other languages can be significantly helpful
- An opportunity to gain valuable experiences in new fields of work
- Meeting new people
- Supporting the local community
- Fresh insight and skills gained through Home-Start’s unique training course.
Want to find out more? Our next course runs in October 2018 and we’re already interviewing!
Testimonials from our Volunteers
“What I do is try to be there for her in practical ways, and listen. Sometimes when I arrive she is tired but having someone to talk to seems to make all the difference in the world”Volunteer Testimonial
“Home-Start Barnet volunteers prove every day that it doesn’t take much time to help another person, even if you’ve only just met them.”Volunteer Testimonial
“As a Home-Start Barnet volunteer I received training that helped me learn how to help other people by helping them to help themselves”Volunteer Testimonial