We support families facing issues such as loneliness, isolation, financial difficulties, anxiety, post-natal depression, ill health, the threat of violence, multiple births or disabilities. We help them grow in confidence, strengthen their relationships with their children and forge links with the local community.
Early intervention can significantly increase a child’s chances of growing up happy and healthy, improving the wellbeing of their community and lessening the burden on local services.
We offer a broad range of practical support, helping families to help themselves, and run:
- Family Groups held two mornings a week at the Grahame Park Estate in Barnet.
- Parenting Programmes in partnership with children’s centres.
- Our Money Smart project (and workshops at Children’s Centres), provides individualised support for families who need practical financial guidance.
- Domestic violence programmes: two Women’s Support groups and a Play Therapy group for 7-11 year olds.
- Family Health Coaching one-to-one sessions for up to 6 months, to help improve the physical and emotional well being of young people or families.
- Perinatal Health Coaching for parents in the last trimester of pregnancy and beyond to improve the physical and emotional well being of mums and their babies
- Trips and outings for supported families during the school holidays.
- We recruit and train volunteers from the local community to provide support for these projects.