Do you need support?
Join us at Home-Start Barnet, Brent, Enfield, Harrow
We are a small and dynamic team at Home-Start Barnet, Brent, Enfield and Harrow, and from time to time we advertise for roles in the organisation.
If there are any vacancies open (for both staff and trustees), they will be listed below.
If we do not have any roles available, we would always welcome more voluntary support. You can find out more about volunteering with us here.
Please enquire today to note your interest in becoming a Trustee with us.
- Engage in strategic planning for the Home-Start Barnet, Brent, Enfield and Harrow
- Formulate and adopt policy and assist with its implementation.
- Approve and monitor Home-Start Barnet, Brent, Enfield, and Harrow’s services and activities
- Ensure that there are adequate financial resources to meet the short, medium and long term needs of Home-Start Barnet, Brent, Enfield, and Harrow
- Provide for effective fiscal oversight and ensure sound risk management
- Select, supervise and support the senior member of staff and review their performance
- Understand and respect the relationship between trustees and staff
- Act as a responsible employer
- Act as an ambassador for Home-Start by actively engaging to promote Home-Start Barnet, Brent, Enfield, and Harrow’s public image.
- Recruit, select and induct new board members
- Carry out Home-Start business efficiently and effectively, in accordance with good practice recommendations
- Lead the local Home-Start in accordance with the requirements of the the Code of Conduct and other relevant policies
- Actively particpate in safeguarding practices in line with Home-Start Barnet, Brent, Enfield, and Harrow’s Safeguarding Policy, including untertaking annual safeguarding training
We are particularly interested in hearing from Trustees who represent the boroughs we work in and who have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Charity finances
- Working in the charity sector
Please contact Guljabeen Rahman, CEO, for an informal chat about any questions you may have about becoming a Trustee with us: email@example.com