Our Home from Home Group has restarted after the half term, and in only a few weeks, we have managed to welcome lots of smiling faces through the doors. But what do we like to do while we’re there?
- HAVE FUN. We like to have fun at Home from Home and all our group workers and volunteers try to make the morning as friendly and fun-filled as possible.
- PLAY. We have lots of different toys for little ones to play with, with sensory play for babies to bigger toys for toddler and pre-schoolers. One week we might all create a pretend meal in the mini kitchen and the next we’ll pretend we’re dinosaurs in the jungle with our dino toys.
- CRAFT. We have lots of paper, card, sprinkles, glitter, paints, pompoms, glue, buttons, and all sorts of crafty materials for little ones to get creative with. And the best part is that we do all the cleaning up so parents and carers don’t have to!
- READ. We have a bookshelf full of books that the children can enjoy by themselves or with their parent or a volunteer. There are books suitable for all ages from 0-5, so everyone can join in.
- LEARN. Some of the play stations at the group can be used for learning, like our teeth and toothbrush table, where little ones can learn more about keeping their teeth and mouths healthy.
Most importantly, it’s a welcoming space where parents and carers can have a cup of tea whilst getting to know other parents in the area with children of a similar age to their own little one. We serve a light breakfast for the children and love to see them building friendships of their own as their confidence grows and they learn how to interact with the world around them.
If you would like to come along, there’s no need to book. Simply head along to Grahame Park Community Centre on Thursdays from 10:00-12:00. Full address: The Community Centre, The Concourse, Grahame Park, NW9 5XB.
You can meet our Group Workers here before coming along – Huma and Taz would love to see you!